Tuesday, August 29, 2006

September's comin round the mountain...

I have no regrets about not being tied in knots over the prospect of school starting again this year... no dread about lesson planning, no anxiousness about my CUNY grades or profs, and no horror of anticipation and dread at the thought of my ex-classroom, "the cave", a massive-lecture-hall sized former home-ec classroom, which was picked by pigeons as their nesting ground, mice as their scampering ground, and electric switches as their turning-off ground.

But I really miss my students. I miss their company, their hilarity, their curiosity, and their scrutiny of my clothes. I wish a hundred times a day that my sense of humor last year was what it is now. But of course, I needed these months off to re-nurture it.

I went to the post office today to mail The Metamorphosis to a former student of mine who needs to read it for honors. I am throughly freaked out at the prospect of two or three kids--or maybe even ten, swinging by my room to say hi, and not finding me there, so I'm going to send them an email next week warning them. And then it will be time for me to move on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites