Friday, July 07, 2006

Tick-Tock


Ten minutes 'till the second interview of my newly-discovered journalism career (this is the one rescheduled after mucho phone tag on Weds). I have figured out how to get my wireless headset thingamagig working with a cordless phone (but not my ghetto-ass cell), and despite its awesomeness, I still have a hard time mastering a professional voice on the phone. My homies M. Twist, Shook and Swvl are all my inspiration for their excellent reporting skills and their "business voices"-- tho no one beats M. Twist's grown up voice-- and I aim to reach their level.


Anyhooch, it's funny trying to be all assured and businesslike when I have not reported a story in over three years, and even when I did, I was on the student beat because my lack of a serious tone enabled students to trust and spill their guts to me, while administrators were a wall I could never crack.
But perhaps my disarming humility is a plus ; )

But it's all good. For as Shook says, "our bylines are spreading up and down the northeast corridor like kudzu." So mazel tov, and shabbat shalom. Tonight I'm going to an Oneg Shabbat with some seriously religious cousins of my main squeeze, and I promised him I would refrain from making any "God is dead" type comments until we got home.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger teevoz said...

Wait, God is not dead? Who raised that boy?

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i didn't see this earlier!

grown-up voices can be useful!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites