Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's Too Darn Hot-slash-stormy

..so, fellow-ette is sort of semi-retired these days, for avariety of reasons. The first is that school, and teaching, are fine, and that even when they're not fine (like when my students are in denial about their upcoming state mandated exam) it's all very ho-hum and funny and handle-able.

I'm having a blast with my co-teachers at lunch, mocking our students and selves, proving that the summer is going to our heads too.

Today there was a power outage at my school due to the massive thunderstoms, and then an evacuation and pandemonium. It was perverse fun. After a mad dash to the subway, and a long ride to dry off, i was thrilled to exit in manhattan to dry skies. But a block later, that same storm caught up to me, and doused me again. Meanwhile, my boyfriend who was headed up to our apartment in washington heights slipped through the storm in minutes. It sits here, and I'm waiting it out.

Much love to the remaining readers of this dying blog.

Fellow-etta

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay with us!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites