Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Life Pursuit

LIVE BLOGGING from the sidewalks of new york, as i sit, butt on the sidewalk, stealing wireless, at the beginning of a five hour wait for free-ass belle and sebastian tickets. In honor of the occasion, i wore cut-off jeans, a velvet underground t-shirt, and a detached, moody demeanor.
Upon arrival on line, the shirt was immediately complimented by a nice, waif-like young lad with flowing locks and mediocre skin. "Hey, man, I love your shirt."
I knew you would.

HOUR ONE:
The nice french man next to me and I are agreeing to watch each other's stuff for intervals of ten minutes. My ten minutes are going to be a dash to the pizza place across the way and the astor place barnes and noble.
My butt is getting numb.

The girl next to me is patronizing me all the way. MY enthusiasm for our street-camping adventure is very un-hip, je sais. I just tried to make a joke about the dorky guy who asked me about belle and sebastian. "What are y'all waitin' for?" "Who are THEY?"
She didn't get it.


More updates to come.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fwavlosphere is on line with you . . . in spirit!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sorry, that was me!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites