Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Life Pursuit-- Hour two

Dear Catastrophe Waitress...

So the kindly frenchman who was taking a ten minute break hasn't been back in an hour. My guess is he has abandoned the life pursuit.
I took a ten minute break myself to run to barnes and noble, pee, and pick up what i thought was a simple veggie wrap and cranberry juice.
Not so.
The incompetent servers at teh B&N cafe stuck the thing in a panini maker and seemed totally unfazed by my nercous pacing throughout the entire cafe.
When it was finally ready, they took a lesiurely stroll around the behind-the-counter area to find the proper holding container for the sandwich while i jumped up and down like there were living coals beneath my feet.
At last, food in hand, bodily needs attended to, i dashed back to find the line just as I had left it. I opened my sandwich, prepared to take a delicious bite.
It was a greasy, inedible mess.
And they forgot to give me a napkin.

___________________________________

there are a bunch of really loud and poser indie kidz in front of me in line. The clear center of their crew is a couple; he is wearing a tie-dyed shrit, orange pants, and a large jewfro/beard convo. He clearly wishes this were a phish concert.
She on the other hand, is more hip than hippie-- long red hair, chic shades, birkenstocks, and the loudest, most obnoxious mouth I've heard, as she drapes herself around her laddie and they debate the difference between emo and indie.
Shoot me,

Meanwhile, the other hippie high-schooler behind me are discussing how when you drop acid, "like, greens are SOOOOO green."
Fellow-ette wouldn't know. But she does know that magic mushrooms actually make the trees talk to you.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites