Monday, July 10, 2006

Washington Heights = Paradise


Birds, not bandits, lurk outside my home...

Okay, so last night I kept my hard-working boyfriend awake for half an hour with a dash of insane paranoia about someone being outside our window, and I'm sorry, but I'm not far from wrong.
Because this morning, after he unbedgrudginingly trotted off to work, I woke up again (weak, and weary) to an insistent tap-tap-tapping at that very window--blearily, I assumed it was either a pigeon, squirrel, or rapist (from the night's Plutonian shore), and glared at it from across the room. But then I noticed its bright hue, stumbled for my glasses, and lo and behold, 'twas a blue jay. And it was still rapping, very authoritatively, at our window. Because we're so near the park (Ft. Tryon park, that is), we get all sorts of winged critters-- blue jays, non-pigeony doves, starlings and gorgeous red cardinals.

Quoth the Blue Jay: Nevermore!

Okay, you're thinking, she's lost it! She used to blog about do-rag sporting, Cam' ron loving teenagers and psychotic school administrators, and now she's blathering about BIRDS. What has happened to our snarky, spunky, angry fellow-ette? The answer is... summer has happened, bitches, and if you're so desperate for sordid tales, go buy a Zane novel and don't bother me. I like hangin' out with the birdies.

In other news:

-Fellow-ette partied this weekend with the ultra-orthodox yehudim and engaged in a spirited, weekend-long discussion/debate with swvl about the relative cultishness of various "cults" from hasidim to Jews for Jesus to the moonies.

-We feted briefly with a group of wealthy new york tweens, a group just as exclusive and closed-minded as the above.

-We bought crocs and oh how we love em.

-Speaking of footgear, Fellow-ette is starting to run again and needs new sneakers: advice?

-Fellow-ette got accepted into NYU's Draper program, a cool, part-time master's program that she is currently debating attending. Thoughts?

-France lost the world cup which sucks (though the Italians are dishy), Entourage last night was actually funny and Vince is maturing, and oh, yeah, the world is going to shit. And that is why I'm not touching current events with a ten foot blog-pole.

/Over and out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites