Monday, March 13, 2006

Trapped in the Closet

Today in order to teach parody in prep for Mark Twain, I played the snl spoof of "R. Kelly's' Trapped in the Closet" for my freshpeople. Were they amused? Yes... but did they get the concept of satire/parody? Not sure. I'll have to reinforce it tomorrow...

Today was pretty good. The light staying lighter, the year winding down, the weather and the advent of Piri Thomas (Ms. Fellowette cursing in front of her students!) are all good. What's bad? The meanness they exhibit towards each other. I remember how intense my hates were in high school-- so much so that I could barely be cordial to an old classmate I ran into recently-- but it's hard, when one is in one's twenties and tryin' to be positive and sh*t about people, to be around the hormonal, psuedo-racist animosity of teenagers.

On with the slow March (get it? it's a pun) towards St. Paddy's day and the first day of spring...

I'm already eating marshmallow peeps.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SWVL said...

PEEPS!

gotta fess up - i just found this blog by googlin' "hot urban public school teachers gone wild." what a find!!

9:00 PM  
Blogger yomister said...

I confess, too.

I found this site by googling "flouncing female new york city teaching fellows gone wild."

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites