Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Jittery Jittery Me...

A curious question for any unionites out in cyberspace:
1-How exactly does our new contract protect us from micromanagement of our bulletin boards/desk arrangements?


Tomorrow is my third observation. I have a solid lesson plan, etc, so there's no way I can get a U unless something goes horribly wrong, but still... it's an irritating hoop to jump through.

The plan is to read "mother to son" and then have the kids write "son to mother" as a way of exploring the literary element voice.

It's an easy, straightfoward lesson plan, whose success hinges largely on how delinquent my delinquents are.

Today was tough. I think it was my pre-obs nerves plus the comedown from yesterday's high, and also the realization of just how physically exhausting this job is. Now that I have locker room duty 9th period, I get home a full hour later than I used to. My soph blocks are now an HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES every single day. It's just such an incredible grind, and the more one longs for the weekend, the more slowly and painfully one is ground by the grind.

So hard to do this one day at a time thing.

But there's some happy news: I'm going to a taping of the Colbert report tomorrow night with my sig other and his lovely fam. So exciting!

Also, I'm all revved up for the Oscars. Go Heath and Jake!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog today (4-30-06) from a link from Miss Frizzle. Read it from the beginning and really enjoyed it. Why have you quit blogging? Are you still teaching?

7:35 AM  
Blogger SarahMarian said...

yes i am! i am very very much still blogging.

6:24 PM  
Blogger SarahMarian said...

and still teaching, sigh.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites