Sunday, February 26, 2006

All Good Things...

I spent the week divided between three locales... the rolling farm country of the Hudson Valley and the Hills of the Berkshires being the first, the mean streets of Manhattan the second, and the glowing red brick of a certain university in New England being the third.

Conclusions to be drawn:

*Nature is a wonderful healer.
*I love the winter olympics.
*College life is incredibly way more relaxed than working life, but there's a lot of angst there too that I sometimes let fade when staring at the past through rose-colored lenses.
*I (sort of, kind of, a litle bit) missed (some of) my students.
*I'm really on the home stretch of this year. It's been nine months since I started this gig, and the hardest nine months of the first year are behind me. With only 16 weeks until the end of the term, I shouldn't be afraid to put my best foot forward.


ON A DIFFERENT NOTE COMPLETELY:


So... many of the SNL cast/writers were surrounding me on the acela express home, inclduing jorma from the bing bong brothers, andy samberg and chris parnell smokin' that Narnia chronic, bill hedder, the new girl kristen, some guy i know i recognize who vaguely reminded me of Akroyd wearing a velour jupmsuit, hat, and huge sunglasses.
Why were they on my train?
There is a castle in a square.
The Ivy-League knows how to party.

Cool things that happened while I was pretending to listen to my ipod/be indifferent:
*
they asked me to move my seat so jorma could sit with his fiancee, and andy complemented my hat
*i gave them my pen to sign their tickets
*they kept talking about "Horatio [Sanz]" and "Amy [Poehler]" and how they were eating burritos and taking the 3:10 train.
*they were complaining about seth myers leaving early this morning.
*they told a legendary story about martin lawrence's opening monolgoue where he talked about vaginal hygiene.
*they discussed how sick the smoke and liquor at the party last night made them
*chris parnell contiunally came over to the table near me, stuck his butt in the air, and showed the other cast members digital videos of the night before.
*they had a "fart sound" machine that they kept hiding in each others' seats.
*they were all drinking bloody marys and vodka red bulls.
*they actually called chris parnell "parn."


the end.

For the record, I'm sorry that I was so shy when faced with celebrities. I wish I'd had Swvl, or the hustler
or the Pasty Russian Jew or Mikey G with me to encourage more banter. I'm more the eavesdropping type, let's face it.

A journalist of the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites