Friday, March 10, 2006

I reminisce...

LAst night fellow-ette had a date with a hot Russian Blonde. It had been three years since she and I met each other while wandering the French Alps, each solo at first, brought together by fate and the mystical aura of the mountains. Over expensive beer and gourmet salads at Cafe Lalo, we recollected those adventures swimming in the Turquoise Lac D'Annecy, taking unexpected car trips with sexy Grenoblese guitar players (her) and soccer-mad Brazilians (me), hanging out with Mike the busker on the job, encountering each other in a room full of wooden skis, and Betsy, the folk-singing Vegan who never emails. Not to mention the gondola rides.

This lovely evening reminded me that not so long ago, I did some really cool sh*t. And I'd like to do stuff like that again sooner, rather than later. Meanwhile, here I am in my smelly classroom, deprived of both sleep and adrenaline. This week has been better though-- my "Zen in the midst of chaos" philosophy is working well.

Meanwhile, in my Literacy grad school class, we continue to agree that cultural empathy and understanding are positive, but too much emphasis on cultural differences is not. Heatedly. Angrily. Ventily.

That is all.


Shoutout to a certain up-and-coming music journalist who hobnobbed with the band last night. Much love!

1 Comments:

Blogger SWVL said...

much love yerself

and here's to doing more cool sh*t than you can shake a stick at in the very near future...as the fiery furnaces say, "here comes the summer"...

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites