Friday, January 06, 2006

hungova post '06

I woke up this morning and inhaled a grande latte to prepare myself for a day I was otherwise unprepared for. My cold is in that frustrating purgatory between full-blown flu and just a trifle. I feel like shit, but cannot justify taking serious remedial action. I was rushed getting ready this morning, due to a TV that was wedged into the tv room closet, and my heroic AP had to help de-wedge. But class was going well. My students were actually engaged in their reading of Lord of the Flies due to the promise of watching the first half of the film.

Then, during third period when the announcements went on, I let the students skootch around to get ready for the movie/finish answering questions while I rewound it and did administrative stuff like hand in the contract. I turn my back and in walked the principal and my AP to micromanage the arrangement of my desks [supposedly we are protected from this in our contracts]. Sadly, at said moment, two antisocial boys were about two feet behind the others, while my eager beavers were up front ready to ogle the movie. Three or four guys were standing five minutes after the pledge was over. It was a moment of chaos in an otherwise wonderful lesson-- the one moment my supervisors were there. I think I am cursed!

However, that was the only bad occurence in an otherwise low-key day. I had a delightful pizza and bitchfest with a colleague after school and it was the perfect way to end this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites