Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Working Class Hero

Tomorrow I'm doing a John Lennon lesson with my kids. I can't stop myself! We'll see how they take the obsecenity in "Working Class Hero". I kind of hope I get fired for it-- but of course, that would be sad.

Today was rough, if not terrible. My third period boys are still WILD, my freshman still chatty, my 6th period crew still chill. While some are bored and restless with Lord of the Flies, there's a small contingent of people who are wondering who's gonna die? One of my ESL kids, normally tired and disengaged, has really opened up about studying Lord of the Flies. I find that quite heartening, despite all the negativity fostered by his peers. Two more days to go til the weekend, and a trip up north to campus of yore provide a pleasant break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites