Thursday, April 20, 2006

I don't miss college...

But it sure has been fun to hang out, college-style. From raiding elegant student-faculty teas for the goodies, to eavesdropping on pretentious situations/conversations, to cider at the local brewery, to watching the way white girls shed their clothes the minute it climbs above 50 (a phenom I see in a new way after hearing my students describe it), this week has been incredibly relaxing. And I've reconnected with two members of my former gal posse, both who were coincidentally in town (but not in gown) this week.

However, the stiffness of the average Joe Harvard, and news about faculty reshuffling that dismays me (why do the brilliant, animated young profs always get booted in favor of their stuffy, ass-kissy counterparts) causes me to remember, with a relieved sigh, that there are some advantages to being far away from rouged, ivied brick structures--and I'm not talking about the co-eds. Maybe the brutal honesty exhibited by teenagers has just further highlighted the fakeness that reigns supreme here. Or something. Anyway, the sun set on 4.20.06 hours ago, so the time has come to put pen aside and slumber.

/fellow-ette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites