Thursday, April 13, 2006

ALL EDUCATION VACATION SPECIAL

Happy passover to those who do and don't celebrate it...

This last week at school was truly lovely, at least in terms of my students, who patiently reviewed for and then steadily (albeit rowdily) took their midterms, which in the case of my sophs were two full-length practice regents tasks. I don't know what happened to them-- why all of a sudden they buckled down and TRIED this regents sh*t, but it was beautiful. Maybe it was because they, like me, see an end. And then, when they traipsed off to their ten-day hiatus, I actually felt kinda sad. I wondered if I was coming down with something.

On Weds I went to the last of several teacher "round-tables" hosted by our fearsome principal. These came in response to a list of grievances some angry teachers have submitted. From what I've heard from all attendees, said meetings consisted of timid teachers venturing complaints and M. Principale defending herself at four times the length of said complaints. At my roundtable, complaints were even timider, and fellow-ette left feeling discouraged. She had pity in her heart for everyone in the school, from the top to the bottom, who has to take the crap handed down to them from top to bottom.

As I said to my students before collected their midterms, stuffed them with sugar and sent them out the door; "BE SAFE, BE WELL."

Ciao for now.
/"Miss"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites