Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Fellow-ette's Thank Yous

*To blogger swvl who leaves me loving comments when i most need a boost.
*To an anonymous middle school math teacher out there who shared the womb, and now this experience, with his adoring sister across the boogie-down bx.
*To blogger franticthefillyfellow for her encouragement on the job and via various electronic media
*To the distant possibility of grad school, employment at a news media outlet of some sort, and/or fame, all of which keep me going.
*And many many thanks to a group of students I like and understand more every day (with NOTABLE exceptions, usually Fridays), who have been royally screwed over by a system that doesn't care. There are the funny, rowdy ones, the quiet ones who break out in giggles unexpectedly, the faithful ones who visit me during their free time, and even the obnoxious ones who remind me that I'm supposed to be an authority.

Finally, I'd like to thank my sense of humor for perservering despite a group of colleagues (with NOTABLE exceptions) who don't get my jokes. Today I chipperly asked my AP, after he warned us to keep the regents listening passage close to our persons and secret, if he minded that "I showed that passage a couple of kids in the hallway--that's cool, right?"
And later, when he said he wanted to encourage bonding, I asked if that ran contrary to his "divide and conquer, then they won't stand up to me" strategy.
Sigh. I know I always say this, but i think the people never laughing at my jokes thing is really the killerest of all the crap I put up with. Or maybe my sense of humor just works better with my 15-year old boys!

2 Comments:

Blogger SarahMarian said...

of course i'll take the drink-- a sierra mist from the faculty cafeteria perhaps? or something stronger...
and yes, the discomfort thing is my specialty. no one loves a smartass like me better than intellectually insecure macho men.
you are the best! bring your itty-bitty camera tomorrow for more regents fun.

12:15 PM  
Blogger SarahMarian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites