Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A goodish day

the secret to my goodish day, which included rudeness, paper ball wars, and a fight in the middle of my best class, was taking my life with a grain of salt. One of my kids came close to physically hurting me when I pulled the boys apart, but I'm not reporting him or anything, which may or may not be a mistake. I handled it by giving them fifteen minutes of quiet work (and i let them talk quietly and didn't check it) and then starting class again at the second bell. this technique actually worked really well, although it might not always obviously... anyway. The best part of today was getting through an entire class with my frosh without getting really mad-- who knows if it will happen again, but it was wonderful while it lasted!!! We read all of "the lottery" and now we are going to talk about what it means...which is a tough thing to talk about, for anyone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites