Wednesday, September 21, 2005

...and so forth

Today at my high school, two of the new female teachers cried as a direct result of their students' actions, one punk little boy named Rico burst into my classroom uninvited and sat down until I chased him out, two sometimes charming students got miffed and sniffly when I finally chewed them out, and one angry parent called the school enraged that teachers had dared yell at her daughter for squatting on the floor and pissing in the middle of the hallway.
I find out that I am being formally observed next week andI have to start my students doign grupwork. I recognize that groupwork may be necessary for me AND for my sanity, but I don't feel ready to give in yet. How does groupwork teach students how to read and write?
I found out from TP what she told my naughty children when she took them out into the hallway yesterday: she asked them what was wrong with me instead of themselves. It's the most undermining, intrusive shit ever. Teachers cannot teach unless students want to learn.
All the other female teachers find the students oh-so "cute" (even mademoiselle golden showers in the hallway) but I find it hard to find it cute that they're completely ILLITERATE. Cute will not get them into college.
ANd so it goes... the saga continues, my sanity ebbs away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites