Monday, July 18, 2005

The Woes of a Fellow

I am way behind in my work. Even though certain members of the NYCTF community tease me about it and I embrace my scatterbrainedness and inability to turn in a psych paper on time, the truth is that this is the hardest summer of my life. My boyfriend and I are long distance for the first time, I have a new job and a new home on the east side, and of course, my entire family is dealing with a serious, tragic and sudden loss.
It's those punky kids at HS that keep me going-- because maybe, maybe I will get through to one or two of them each day. Tomorrow I am teaching a lesson on good old Hemingway; the story is "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place." My AP said he doubted the story would "go over" with my students. I feel like I have to prove something-- something about universal themes, spare prose, and loneliness. Something about what emphasizing the world's best literature can do.

A demain.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites