Monday, July 04, 2005

Summer School...

I'm very nervous about starting out at summer school tomorrow... in addition to my usual fears, this week I've been dealing with the death of a very close friend (my twin brother's college roommate). This tragedy has thrown off my motivation and concentration and to be honest, really desire a few weeks off to regroup. But at the same time thinking about Paul's life has rededicated me to education and particulary to working with young people and young men especially, who get such short-shrift from society.
Tomorrow I will have to embrace chaos, something that once excited me and now makes me nervous. I will have to go with the flow and keep my eyes open for everything from discipline in the classroom to new uses of technology. I will have to be able to laugh and take everything, from the line in front of the metal detectors to my inability to find my way around, in stride.
My blogging will be more specific to the work I'm doing and my techology plan tomorrow! For now, I just wanted to get those thoughts out. I hope that lasting peace can be with us all on this July 4th, full of such uncertainty for the future of our nation and the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites