Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My second posting

Ok, so now I'm posting for real. As my previous post indicates, I'm thrilled that I am getting do do this project. I was worried that this summer would be dry and impractical but I have already formulated all sorts of castles in the air about my class's amazing webpage (whether my Truman HS guys and gals will actually have internet access remains to be seen) and my ultra-sophisticated and very witty socio-policitical blog which I will assuredly be able to keep up despite the demands of my new job (yeah right).

This blog is part of my coursework for Lehman's EXC 529 "Literacy, language and technology" which is proving to be a hotbed of debate about technology in the classroom. Most of us are anglophiles who are of course signing on as English teachers because we like dusty old books written in many cases by DWM-- dead white men (or in my case, dead white women who gave those DWM a good literary challenge). Nonetheless, it's important to know how to relate our coursework to the practical world. Blogs and online publications are, importantly, free, and therefore a good resource for our students. And having a course website is a dream come true... whether or not we actually rely on it to convey info to our students, it's a good first step. Someday we will rely more heavily on websites, just as our college courses did, to everyone's benefit.

(Closing interjection: "Yay! This is fun")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites