Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fall 05 by the numbers

1-Number of times I have spied a student urinating in the hallway.

2-Number of times students have made references to me in a positive way in their writing assignments

2-Number of times i have returned to my ivy-league university campus, smoked massive amounts, eaten pub food washed down by a cold imported beer, and wisehd that I had never ever fucking graduated.

2- number of times I have cried while sitting on the floor of my classroom

3- number of times I have had to call the dean on students who couldnt control their bodies or mouths

4- number of times I have truly truly had a good day

5- number of times I've had an unwanted visitor in my classroom observing me.

Seemingly infinite-- Number of times students have promised to do better and immediately reneged.

Seemingly infinite-- Number of times I've promised myself to be stronger and been beaten down by the end of first period.

105- number of students I have

50- Number of students who are succeeding.

3- number of times I've started surfing grad school websites

1-number of times I've read Jonathan Kozol and been simultaneously inspired and depressed

0-number of students I have who know the word simultaneously.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites