Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ahhhhhhhhh!

I want to bang my head on a wall sometimes. With my observation approaching, I have been jumpy and irritable, and my kids can tell. They drove me nuts today with homophobic comments left and right, not to mention the mouse that showed up in my room, my panic about the impending parent-teacher night and observations, and my general exhaustion and missing of close human contact (with the excception of you, grandma!). I know tomorrow will be better simply because it must be, and because after being a bitch, i come home feeling bad and loving the kids. One thing the endless cycle of teaching has given me is insight into what it must be to be a parent... how endlessly devoted one must be to one's children.

I am really enjoying doing cinderella with my frosh-- they are cute about it, but very jumpy (particularly with the rodent visiting) and that's okay. I need to be calm and not react with so much anger and hostility when they act up. but it's so tough at the tender age of 22 to come in with my best foot forward every day! Plus, it's fucking rainy and disgusting and the days are getting colder and crueler, much like life has = )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

altruism gone wild.
Add to Technorati Favorites